Sigmund Foundation grants are available to designated 501(c)(3) organizations in Jackson and Lenawee counties. Although education is the primary focus of the Foundation, grants have varied according to the merits of the request.
There are not set deadlines for submitting Letters of Intent. After submitting a completed Letter of Intent that is attached to this website, the Board of Directors will make a decision as to whether a full proposal should be reviewed.
Should they agree, the nonprofit will be sent a Sigmund Grant Application. A site visit will be scheduled by staff. Depending on the request, potential grantees can anticipate a decision within eight to twelve weeks after their proposal has been received.
Hints About Grantwriting
Research your potential funder: What areas do they usually fund? Check their websites: how much are their average grants? What type of programs do they usually fund? If you are unable to locate this information on the Internet, by all means contact them.
Learn the difference between a Letter of Intent and a Proposal. Provide the potential funder with the information they request– in the order in requested. Find out when letters of support are appropriate.
Writing grants to Federal agencies and private/family/community foundations differ greatly.
Take advantage of grant writing seminars in your area. Information that is acquired will give you a helping hand in your search for funds. In addition, the Internet is full of free websites devoted to grant making. In Jackson and Lenawee counties, contact the Nonprofit Network for their expertise.
Previously Funded Grants
- Assoc. Charities of Len.- Maintenance -$20,000
- Boys & Girls Club of Lenawee – Operating - $20,000
- Coswell Opera House – Renovation - $20,000
- Hope Community Center – Operating - $30,000
- David’s Promise – Programs-(two grants) $15,000
- Jackson School of the Arts – Building Relocation – (two grants) $225,000
- Jackson YMCA – Capital Campaign /Building - $375,000
- Salvation Army/Jackson – Youth Center Renovation/Program - $25,000
- Salvation Army/Adrian – Operating - $5,000
- Jackson Friendly Home – Operating - $97,500
- Rise Above – Operating - $27,000
- Jackson Interfaith Shelter – Freezer - $7,000
- Habitat for Humanity/Lenawee – Construction Costs- $25,000
- College and Career Access Center – Operating - $25,000
- Family Service and Children’s Aid – Guidance Position-$25,000
- Jackson County Disaster Asst. Response Team – Operating -$5,000
- Lenawee County Mission/Neighbors of Hope – Food Items - $7,500
- Concord Schools – Health Center - $20,000
- Dahlem Conservancy -Boardwalk Replacement - $22,000
- Lenawee County Child Advocacy Center - $20,000
- Michigan Foster Care Closet – Operating - $3,500
- Council for the Prevention of Child Abuse & Neglect - $20,000
- JC/JACC -Emergency Medical Technicians High School Program - $6,500
- MyPlace - Operating - $20,000
- Children’s Literacy Network- Book PALS Program - $22,500